We are looking for an experienced Editor. In this role, you will be expected to have a clear sense of good storytelling with strong creative and technical capabilities. You collaborate effectively with music, graphics, narration and other departments to create and deliver a final product.
Role + Responsibility
- Oversees and coordinates the editorial process including communicating with fellow editors, writers, graphic designers, producers, engineers, music supervisors, and assistant.
- Breaks down a movie to start the creative process.
- Give input and direction regarding music, storyline, sound effects and graphic design work in order to create Trailers, TV and Digital content.
- Works directly under the direction of a Producer & Creative Director or Client in order to edit the material until it meets with the Client’s approval.
- Edits the material using Avid.
- Concept brainstorming.
- Manage workflow and meet deadlines.
- Evaluates designs and negotiates revisions of material.
- Works with the client, producer or Creative Director on fibers to review work and make immediate changes for the client’s approval.
- Manages junior level assistants & review and give input on their progress with editing.
- Extract specific information from client, producer or creative director to ensure correct artistic direction.
- Communicates with Director of Finishing to determine any adjustments necessary for the finish of a trailer or TV Spot.
- Input all time and information regarding hours into the Filemaker timesheet system in order for the accounting department to have correct billing information.
Qualifications + Skills
- Effectively reads and comprehends written and spoken English
- Able to actively and attentively listen
- Able to think through, evaluate and solve problems logically
- Capable of visualizing abstract concepts
- Able to organize work effectively in order to meet deadlines
- Able to have a flexible work schedule to meet necessary deadlines
- Attentive to detail with Creative thinking
- Bachelor’s degree with 3-5 years experience directly related to the duties and responsibilities specified
- Avid/Unity/Isis Filemaker Pro Experience
***Open to staff or freelance positions
Apply For This Position