We are looking for an experienced Sr. Motion Graphics Designer who is constantly curious about new aesthetics has a deep understanding of typography and design, and stays true to their personal style. This role is best suited for a designer with an effortless eye for the latest digital trends, strong motion graphic skills, and a passion for film and digital media. A Sr. Motion Graphics Designer will be essential to the creative development process – bringing their unique flair to create content. Work collaboratively with the Creative Director and the rest of the GrandSon team to bring campaigns to life.
Role + Responsibilities
- Strong understanding of typography, basic design principles, and motion graphics
- Work in After Effects to create 2D Design, motion graphics animation, and text for high-end branded content including Trailers, TV, Digital, GFX title sequences, and presentation decks.
- Creatively ideate new ideas and concepts, while working within the boundaries of the client brief
- Conceptual design, creation, and revisions to static and motion graphics for AV, Digital, and GFX campaigns.
- Understand digital content strategies and the role design plays in bringing a brand’s story to life on social media platforms.
- Incorporate design direction and feedback from the Creative Director and other team members.
- Manage multiple projects with varying deadlines simultaneously.
- Work closely with the team to ideate, conceptualize, and create cohesive campaigns.
- Understand the GFX finishing process – create & package GFX elements to finishing spec
Qualifications + Skills
- Proficient in After Effects and Adobe Creative Suite (i.e. Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign).
- 3–6+ years of experience with motion graphic design or similar field preferred
- A strong background in and understanding of typography and design.
- Experience in digital media marketing and designing for social media platforms is a plus
- Experience designing and executing storyboards.
- Excellent problem-solving skills with the ability to troubleshoot and resolve technical and/or design issues.
- Strong attention to detail, making sure presented content is up to GrandSon standards.
- Ability to think creatively and strong organizational skills are essential.
- Experience working at an entertainment marketing agency or post house designing quality motion graphics is a plus.
- Energetic, hardworking, and reliable.
- Ability to work in a high-pressure environment under tight deadlines, and with minimal supervision.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Arts, Graphic Design, Motion Graphics or a related field is preferred
- Any experience with Premiere + Resolve + Fusion + Cinema 4D
- Strong editing and writing skills
GrandSon is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to creating a diverse, equal, and equitable workplace. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, military/veteran status, or disability status.