We are looking for an Assistant Editor that is highly organized, detail oriented, multidisciplinary, fast on their feet and always living and working for what’s next. At GrandSon, the Assistant Editor handles a variety of job duties mostly related to supporting Editors, project organization and operations. They are responsible for preparing and organizing project materials from start to finish. The role is super important to our operations and critical in helping us deliver to clients.
Role + Responsibilities
- Overseeing media management – Importing/exporting, transcoding, asset management, project archiving.
- Export and upload videos for approvals to various platforms per client requirements.
- Sub Clipping and Transcribing features and dailies.
- Create music cue sheets.
- Assist as needed on assigned creative projects.
- Manage multiple project requests simultaneously and able to prioritize to meet delivery deadlines.
- Prepare locked video for finish and final uploads.
- Over-cut, version, and organize sequences, EDL’s and AAF/OMF for finishing.
- Available to work on evening shift and possibly some weekends with paid overtime.
Qualifications + Skills
- Must have previous experience as an Assistant Editor.
- Must have experience with Avid Media Composer.
- Must have experience media managing server storage.
- Must have a technical understanding of video standards, codecs, file formats, and compression programs.
- Identify, troubleshooting and problem-solve technical problems with Avid and computer issues.
- Comfortable in a collaborative team environment and the ability to pass on the information.
- Able to follow department protocols and comfortable in suggesting workflows.
- Having a passion for the post-production industry a plus.
- Strong attention to detail, making sure presented content is up to GrandSon standards.
- Experiences in finishing workflow in a creative post-production environment required.
- Energetic, hardworking, and reliable.
- Ability to work in a high-pressure environment under tight deadlines, and with minimal supervision.
- Excellent problem-solving skills.
Apply For This Position