We are looking for a Finishing/Asset Coordinator that is highly organized, detail-oriented, multidisciplinary, creative problem solver, passionate about film, and always living and working for what’s next. At GrandSon, the Finishing & Asset Coordinator handles a variety of job duties mostly related to supporting the team through the finishing process and asset organization. This role is super important to our operations and critical in helping us deliver to clients.
Reports to: Adam & Ross
Role + Responsibilities
- Work with AEs, Producers, and clients to organize and schedule priorities for Finishing deadlines
- Coordinate with producers and clients to ensure all digital assets are downloaded, and checked for proper editing specifications, splits, frame rates, video formats, audio files
- Make sure all finishing deadlines are met by working with Assistant Editors, Editors, Graphics Designers to have the spot/trailer sent on time
- Proficiency with Avid Media Composer, Adobe Premiere and Adobe Media Encoder
- Inform Producers, AEs and Editors when any new elements arrive and ensure they use the correct elements, updated features, VFX, etc.
- Ensure we have the latest and approved final finishing elements for each film – finished High Rez Features, Cleared Music, Feature Scores, Stock Footage, Finished Trailers, etc.
- Handle all Producer & Client finishing requests
- Check any cuts needed for testing and confirm they are the proper specifications
- Provide client with any specific requests if source materials do not meet specifications
- Coordinate with Graphics Designers for any needed finishing files, QC Checkers before sending out and organize any and all GFX finishing needs like Textless and foreign language needs
- Coordinate with Music Dept to help with any finishing needs like high quality AIFF or WAV file uploads and Custom music source files
- Coordinate and organize any Stock Shots Licencing, Font Licencing or Graphic Background Licencing needed
- Keep and maintain finishing log and upload, organize and archive any finished files on Google Drive, Vimeo and local servers
- Assist with any award submissions with links to finished files
- Maintain good working relationships with all finishing houses and staff and help to fix any issues in a timely manner
- Communicates quickly on all Emails, Slack and Text with staff and clients
Qualifications + Skills
- 2-4 years of previous Assistant Editor or Coordination experience
- Ability to build consensus and relationships among managers, partners, clients, and employees.
- Comfortable in a collaborative multi-functional team environment internally and client facing
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and creative problem-solving skills
- Open to feedback
- Consistently communicates using appropriate methods for the situation and audience in a clear, concise and professional manner
- Ability to follow department protocols and comfortable with suggesting workflows.
- A passion for the entertainment marketing industry is a plus.
- Strong attention to detail, making sure presented content is up to GrandSon standards.
- Energetic, hardworking, and reliable.
- Ability to work in a high-pressure environment under tight deadlines, and with minimal supervision.
GrandSon is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to creating a diverse, equal, and equitable workplace. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, military/veteran status, or disability status.