GrandSon is looking for a dynamic and motivated Director of Human Resources to join our award-winning team. We are a highly entrepreneurial business on a continuous growth trajectory with a mission to champion creative freedom and a design-forward and innovative approach to entertainment marketing.
The Director of Human Resources will play a key role in aligning employees with the company’s mission and business strategies, developing the HR infrastructure and building an engaged workforce and team culture.
The ideal candidate has an excellent working knowledge of all HR functions, the ability to adapt to changing priorities, exceptional interpersonal, time management and planning skills, and a commitment to maintaining a work environment that’s positive, inclusive, communicative, diverse and multi-talented.
A Bachelor’s degree or equivalent 10+ years’ HR generalist experience with exposure to all core functions within the discipline is required. Background in the creative field, especially in the trailer-industry, is highly preferred.
The HR Director will report to the Founder/Creative Director and work closely with the executive team.
People Leadership & Employee Engagement
- Designing people strategies that are relevant, timely, and impactful to the people and company goals.
- Supporting employees throughout their entire lifecycle at GrandSon.
- Partnering with executives on workforce planning and organizational structure.
- Cultivating a strong hybrid (in office + remote) work culture.
- Planning and executing people activities, events, recognition, and initiatives to build and support employee experience.
- Assessing organizational people needs and continuously design an adaptable & streamlined staffing and talent acquisition process.
- Participating in the creation and revision of standardized job descriptions
- Performing job analysis for new positions in partnership with the executive team
- Managing and driving the recruitment process from A to Z, attracting talent and building talent pipelines that cultivate a diverse culture.
Performance & Growth
- Creating and implementing training strategies that focus on performance, coaching support and growth opportunities.
- Overseeing the performance management process related to goal setting, performance reviews, and incentive reviews.
- Developing strategies to reward and retain high performers.
- Developing and expanding on operationalizing HR processes, systems and tools.
- Managing all HR processes & programs including on-boarding, off-boarding, payroll liaison, benefit programs, leave & absence management and day-to-day people operations.
- Ensuring compliance and maintenance of employee policies, including the handbook that is in alignment with our internal company ways of working.
- Leading the partnership with GrandSon’s HR Services needs (HRIS & Benefits) for the organization.
- Communicating with employees about compensation, benefits and other facets of their employment.
- Maintaining all personnel documentation and employee files in accordance with the law.
- Staying current on federal and state regulatory requirements.
GrandSon offers an attractive base salary, 401k (with match) and best-in-class medical insurance and benefits.