We are looking for an energetic Jr. Motion Graphics Designer who is constantly curious about new aesthetics, has a deep understanding of typography, and stays true to their personal style. This role is best suited for a designer with an effortless eye for the latest digital trends, strong motion graphic skills, and a passion for film and digital media. A Jr. Motion Graphics Designer will be essential to the creative development process – bringing their unique flair to create content.
Work collaboratively with the Creative Director, Sr. Art Director, and the rest of the GrandSon team to bring campaigns to life.
Role + Responsibilities
- Strong understanding of typography, basic design principles, and motion graphics
- Work in After Effects to create 2D design, motion graphics animation, and text for high-end branded content including trailers, TV, digital, GFX title sequences, and presentation decks
- Creatively ideate new ideas and concepts, while working within the boundaries of the client brief
- Conceptual design, creation and revisions to static and motion graphics for AV, Digital and GFX campaigns
- Understand digital content strategies and the role design plays in bringing a brand’s story to life on social media platforms
- Incorporate design direction and feedback from the Creative Director and other team members
- Manage multiple projects with varying deadlines simultaneously
- Work closely with the team to ideate, conceptualize, and create cohesive campaigns
- Understand the GFX finishing process – create & package GFX elements to finishing spec
Qualifications + Skills
- Proficient in After Effects and Adobe Creative Suite (i.e. Photoshop, Illustrator, and InDesign).
- A strong background in and understanding of typography and design.
- Experience in digital media marketing and designing for social media platforms is a plus.
- Experience designing and executing storyboards.
- Excellent problem-solving skills with the ability to troubleshoot and resolve technical and/or design issues.
- Strong attention to detail, making sure presented content is up to the GrandSon standards.
- The ability to think creatively and strong organizational skills are essential.
- Experience working at an entertainment marketing agency or post house designing quality motion graphics is a plus
- Energetic, hardworking, and reliable.
- Ability to work in a high-pressure environment under tight deadlines, and with minimal supervision.
- Bachelor’s Degree of Arts, Graphic Design, Motion Graphics or a related field is preferred
- 1–2 years of experience with motion graphic design or a similar field is preferred
- Any experience with Premiere + Resolve + Fusion + Cinema 4D
- Strong editing and copywriting skills
GrandSon is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to creating a diverse, equal, and equitable workplace. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, military/veteran status, or disability status.
Apply For This Position