We are looking for a Talent and Human Resources Manager, who is passionate about sourcing diverse talent from around the globe and nurturing a creative culture, to join our growing team. At GrandSon, the Talent and Human Resource Manager is the ultimate people-person, acting as the point of contact for all talent recruitment and development and personnel management. Working closely with our CFO and administrative team, the Talent and Human Resources Manager will be essential to expanding and strengthening our collaborative team and culture of belonging.
Reports to: Ross – CFO
Role + Responsibilities
- Assist in developing and executing personnel procedures and policies, providing guidance and interpretation for business operations
- Help foster a culture in which we all care genuinely about each other and our work
- Seek out and assist in hiring diverse and talented creatives from around the world
- Regularly research emerging talent (editors, designers, filmmakers, illustrators, content creators, etc.) on a global scale to develop an international network of creatives.
- Prepare paperwork, schedule, and facilitate smooth new hire onboarding process, coordinating with cross-functional departments to deliver an exceptional first-day experience
- Participate in the development of HR objectives and systems, including metrics, queries, and standard reports for ongoing company requirements
- Handle all administrative tasks for onboarding, new hire orientation, and exit interviews, including entering data into HR information systems and auditing for accuracy and compliance
- Assist in administering benefits, compensation, and employee performance programs
- Suggest new procedures and policies to continually improve the efficiency of the HR department and organization as a whole, and to improve employee experience
- Ensure legal compliance of HR state and federal regulations and applicable employment laws, and update policies and/or procedures as required
- Provide an effective and dedicated HR advisory service to employees in relation to absence and health issues, conduct and capability, grievance matters, organizational change, and all other employee-relations matters
- Assist in the communication, interpretation, and upkeep of employee handbook, employee directory, and organizational chart, and contributes to the development of policies
- Be the primary backup for payroll processing, including; bi-weekly and semi-monthly updates to employee files, bonus/incentive pay, tracking vacation/sick pay, importing expense reimbursements, inputting exceptions, hourly employee validations, and benefit changes
Qualifications + Skills
- Bachelor’s degree in HR, psychology, sociology, or a related field
- Additional HR training or experience is a plus
- Proven experience working in an HR department
- Knowledge of HR federal laws and regulation
- Excellent communication skills, interpersonal skills, ethics, and cultural awareness
- Resourceful, problem-solving aptitude and thorough knowledge of HR procedures and policies
- Energetic, hardworking, and reliable.
- General knowledge of our business and willing to dive deep to get at the kernel of what talent looks like and the ability to use all the resources available to locate them.
- Strong detail-oriented and resourceful mindset
- Comfortable in a collaborative multi-functional team environment
GrandSon is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to creating a diverse, equal, and equitable workplace. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, military/veteran status, or disability status.